Klarna is a payment provider offering flexible payment options including buy now, pay in 3 instalments and pay in 30 days. Once you’ve placed your order on Lyst Checkout, you’ll be redirected to Klarna, where you’ll be asked to enter your card details. To check your eligibility, Klarna will perform a soft search with a credit agency which will not affect your credit score.
You will see the names Klarna and Lyst on your credit card receipt and statement, not the retailer’s name.
Klarna offers two different payment methods:
- Pay in 3 instalments allows a consumer to spread the cost over 3 equal payments. This product is completely interest-free and there are no late fees.
- Pay in 30 days allows a consumer to get up to 30 days to pay for their goods with no late fees or interest.
Klarna checkout works as follows:
- Once you have completed your order on Lyst’s checkout, Klarna will carry out fraud and credit checks, and pre-authorise your payment.
- In order to ensure the safest online payment, Klarna will issue a prepaid credit card for the value of your order, and Lyst will pass this to the retailer(s).
- The retailer(s) will process the payment using the virtual prepaid credit card and will be responsible for fulfilling the order and shipping it to you in the usual way.
- When you first place your order, you will see a pending charge on your own account. Once the retailer charges the prepaid credit card, Klarna will debit the funds from your account.
- The retailer may quote the virtual card details when confirming your order or refund. Please don't worry if you don't recognise these — they have been created to protect your transaction.
For more information about Klarna’s services, please visit Klarna's Help Center here:
UK/EU Klarna Customer Help Center
US Klarna Customer Help Center
Klarna's Pay in 3 instalments and Pay in 30 days agreements are not regulated by the FCA. Use of these and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain credit from Klarna and other lenders. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs apply.
Please see Lyst's T&Cs for more information about Klarna checkout on Lyst.